Water flow sensor consists of magnetic core, rotating impeller, external casing and sensor and a hall-effect sensor. When water flows through the rotor, rotor rolls, it activates the magnetic core to trigger switch action speed changes with different rate of flow. The hall-effect sensor outputs the corresponding pulse signals, users can get the flow speed via detecting the pulse. It is suitable to detect flow in water dispenser or coffee machine
- Mini. Wokring Voltage: DC 4.5V
- Max. Working Current: 15mA (DC 5V)
- Working Voltage: DC 5V~24V
- Flow Rate Range: 0.3~6L/min
- Load Capacity: ≤10mA (DC 5V)
- Operating Temperature: ≤80℃
- Liquid Temperature: ≤120℃
- Operating Humidity: 35%～90%RH
- Water Pressure: ≤2.0MPa
- Storage Temperature: -25～+ 80℃
- Storage Humidity: 25%～95%RH
Reading Water Flow rate with Water Flow Sensor
You will need Crowduino / Arduino ,Water Flow Sensor,10K resistor,a breadboard and some jumper wires.
Wiring up the Water Flow Sensor is pretty simple. There are 3 wires: Black, Red, and Yellow.
Black to the Crowduino’s ground pin
Red to Seeeduino’s 5v pin
The yellow wire will need to be connected to a 10k pull up resistor.and then to pin 2 on the Crowduino.
Here is a fritzing diagram I made to show you how to wire it all up.